Paralegal (Serious Injury, Southampton)
An exciting opportunity for a Paralegal is currently available within the Serious Injury team in our Southampton office.
The team specialises in Claimants who have suffered serious Brain, Spinal and Orthopaedic injuries.
Irwin Mitchell is passionate about the law and in providing our clients with the very best legal advice and guidance.
We believe in putting our clients first. Our client care is second to none and this, underpinned by our promise to exceed client expectations, has helped the firm to grow to become one of the UK’s most successful and respected law firms.
Today we employ over 2800 people in 15 UK offices.
Serious injury and illness can have a dramatic and sometimes life changing impact for the person affected and for those who are close to them. The Serious injury teams at Irwin Mitchell don’t just deal with compensation claims. We also work with our clients and their families to ensure all of their rehabilitation needs are met. It’s a unique, bespoke approach that really makes a difference to people whose lives have been turned upside down by injury.
- As a Paralegal, you’ll carry out case handling duties, helping other case handlers to progress cases to court.
- This is a busy and demanding role, where duties are diverse and no two days are the same.
- You’ll liaise regularly with a wide range of clients and medical professionals, both over the phone and in writing.
- Whether arranging meetings, seeking medical reports or simply chasing information, you’ll need to show a sensitive and professional approach at all times.
- You’ll be carrying out various tasks such as research, and preparation of legal documents within set guidelines.
- To meet your monthly targets you’ll need to be experienced in multi-tasking and keeping to tight deadlines.
- Whilst planning and prioritising will be the key to your success, you’ll also need to be flexible and quick to respond to requests at short notice.
- You’ll be experienced in following set guidelines and processes, but with the ability and confidence to use your own judgement where required.
- With experience and time, you will be expected to be able to handle your own case load.
- Due to the nature of the Serious Injury work, to apply for this role you must have proven experience and will need to have excellent client care and communication skills, given the particular sensitivity associated with these claims.
- Candidates should be educated to at least A-level standard with possibly ILEX qualifications and have previous experience within a similar role as a Paralegal.
- You should also bring with you a proven background in a similarly demanding support or administration role.
- You must be IT literate and attentive to detail, with proven expertise in client care.
- If you thrive on being busy and can adapt well to new challenges, then we’ll give you all the training and support you’ll need to help you succeed in this highly rewarding role.
- In addition to your competitive basic salary we have an exciting benefits package including a contributory pension scheme, critical illness cover, health cash plan, death in service, discounted legal services, 25 days hols (this increases with length of service), discounted online shopping, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers.