AAT / Accounts Technician Partially / Fully Qualified
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Technician (AAT Fully or Part Qualified) to join our growing firm of Chartered Accountants based in Stanmore.
We are looking for a dedicated and talented Accounts Technician to our team. You will be given the opportunity to develop new skills and build up your career, by working on a number of varied tasks.
Applicants must be able to multi-task, can think for themselves and solve problems as this is a fast-paced environment.
- Your daily work will encompass from bookkeeping services to the production of statutory accounts and tax returns. The AAT Assistant role will mainly focus on:
- Double-entry bookkeeping (including VAT calculations, posting of sales/purchases invoices, bank reconciliation, suppliers statements reconciliation, reconciliation of PAYE accounts etc.)
- Preparing Limited Company Financial Statements
- Preparing Sole-Trader Financial Statements
- Preparing Corporation Tax Returns
- Preparing Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Assisting with the processing of monthly payroll
- Other administrative duties as and when required in the role
- The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate various skills and qualities.
- Have previously worked in an accountancy practice for at least 6 months.
- Hold (or studying towards) an accountancy qualification AAT Technical level.
- Have book-keeping and payroll experience.
- Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS-Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work both on own initiative and unsupervised and in a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with people at all levels.
- Highly organised and methodical
- Capable of meeting deadlines