Remote Monitoring Engineer - Water Treatment
You need to be commutable to the office just off the M40, Beaconsfield, Loudwater, High Wycombe, Uxbridge, Maidenhead.
To be suitable for this role you must have excellent IT skills, instrumentation background, excellent verbal and written communication skills, it would be helpful to have a knowledge of remote monitoring systems, water monitoring instrumentation, probes, pure water systems, effluent water systems or laboratory monitoring equipment.
Do you want a brilliant job? Do you want to work for a multi-million-pound company with offices all over the world? Do you want to join a new division that has been set up, proven and is now growing?
You may not need to change jobs ever again.
The company has invested significant time, resources and effort into the new department. It has been proven with small scale test with some of their major accounts and has board level approval to be rolled out in a big way, you could be at the front of the growth and development with the obvious career prospect involved.
This division has developed an increasingly sophisticated remote monitoring system for their customers water systems, including their incoming water, process water, effluent, waste water processes, water purification, sustainable rain water harvesting systems, water recovery systems and just about any linked systems in the building. Clients include aerospace, aqua cultural, chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food, beverage, mining, metals production power, pulp, paper, healthcare, electronics, municipal, the monitoring system will very often pick up problems or trends way before the onsite engineers see any issues, as well as providing a wealth of data and statistics.
- Mostly office based but you will get out from time to time.
- You will be heavily involved in the system from start to finish including - taking enquiries by phone or email, putting together quotes, arranging visits by the department director or sales, providing quotes, providing technical support, checking signal strengths and system robustness for clients remote sites, picking up any alarms as they happen and notifying the client, maintenance staff, or despatching a team of appropriate engineers, providing reports for the business and the clients, during new installation providing back up support for the onsite commissioning engineers, activate web portals and links, work with and train non-technical clients.
- Basically, you will be the go to person in the office with all the answers!!
- To be suitable for this role you must have excellent IT skills, excellent communication skills, customer services skills, preferably ONC or above in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- GBP23K - GBP26K basic, overtime bonus, excellent pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days holiday increasing with service, lots of training good prospects within a multi-national company