Graduate Engineer - Information Security
Enhance your career by joining Roke as a Graduate Engineer in Information Security. Roke are a world leader in cutting edge technology. You’ll work on innovative and challenging projects from day one and benefit from competitive salaries, inclusive and interesting training and a stunning location to excel in.
- Joining us as a Graduate Engineer will lock in the start of a world class career. Working on cutting edge engineering projects from day one will make full use of your skills and expertise. Learn and share in collaborative, innovative and stimulating teams where our outstanding engineers with a passion for excellence and a desire to collaborate create the best customer solutions possible.
- We understand that continual training and professional development are paramount to your career and we'll help you gain chartered accreditation.
- Development of high-assurance software
- Test, design and assurance of secure systems
- Researching and prototyping novel solutions to our customers’ cyber security challenges
- Analysing and understanding the security properties of systems and software
- Development of tools and solutions in C/C++/Python/Java/C#
- Use of agile methodologies and DevOps approaches, especially on Unix-based platforms, such as Linux
- Industry standard tools (such as IDApro and Wireshark) to explore software and networks
- Working to a range of industry IA standards, such as ISO27001
- Applying system engineering and design principles to define secure systems
- You will need a good honours degree in computer science or other computing or science subject. You will have some experience of software development, an interest in cyber security and be able to demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Due to the nature of the work that Roke undertake candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, candidates should ideally be a British Citizen, however, you can hold another nationality and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
Roke Manor Research Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care