Part-time Finance Assistant
My client based near to Richmond are looking for a part-time finance assistant ot join their small finance team within a school. This is an exciting opportunity for someone experienced within finance and looking for something on a part-time basis.
- Prepare monthly payroll submissions for approval. Prepare monthly payroll variance and the payroll journal after each month's payroll and process to the finance system.
- Timely processing of Tax Year End processes and production of other relevant information to HMRC in accordance with published timescales, including preparation of P11Ds.
- Ensuring all legislative parameters to the payroll system as appropriate are correctly made at the year end.
- Respond to general and specific queries from members of staff regarding payroll processes and payslips.
- Assist in administering the paperwork relating to the School Credit card and liaising with the staff members to obtain relevant receipts.
- Posting invoices on Sage and review the creditors statements for missing invoices and queries.
- Prepare creditors' payments for approval by the Bursar.
- Monitor Teachers' Budgets and assist teachers with any queries.
- Preparation of fee invoice input information.
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the school's monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with end of year preparation and procedures.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
- Proven experience of Sage 50 accounts essential;
- Experience with Teachers Pensions highly desirable as is experience in schools;
- Experience of Purchase Ledger essential;
- Proven experience of Microsoft Applications at Intermediate or Advanced level, in particular Excel;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Very high standard of accuracy and attention to detail with strong numerical ability and data entry skills;
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines and multi-task;
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Full understanding of the employee confidentiality and data protections with the appropriate handling of sensitive information