Graduate Trainee Lecturer / Learning Assessment Officer
Kirklees College is a large successful FE college, currently Ofsted graded as Good. Operating across Kirklees with centres based in Huddersfield and Dewsbury.
Can you inspire and motivate future generations? Do you have good communication skills, resilience, enthusiasm, energy, vision and leadership qualities? - if so, as you finish your Technology/Science based degree, why not begin a rewarding career as a Teacher or Trainer/Assessor?
- We are looking for two full time graduates to join us at our state of the Art Technology Quarter. We are particularly interested to hear from engineering graduates. We will fund you to achieve a relevant teacher or training qualification to enable you to become a qualified teacher.
- The College is making a significant investment in the STEM agenda and this post is an integral part of our plan for the future.
- This is a two year graduate training programme. At the end of the two year period you will be offered a substantive post (subject to successful completion and meeting all the requirements of the role).
- Based in the heart of Yorkshire Kirklees College is dedicated to providing students with the best education experience. We are a highly successful Further Education College, rated by Ofsted as "Good" with "Outstanding" Leadership and Management.
- During your two year training period you will be given the opportunity to develop your practice through a supportive framework of training and mentorship, with access to full resources.
- You will initially observe in the classroom but the expectation is that you quickly develop and take on your own groups of students on a reduced teaching timetable.
- The qualifications deemed essential for the post are a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in literacy and numeracy (e.g. GCSE English and Maths at grade A*-C), and Technology/Science based degree.
- As well as an excellent starting salary of £20,496 we offer a very generous holiday entitlement, flexible working arrangements and an excellent contributory pension scheme.
- Teaching in Further Education is demanding, but incredibly rewarding. Our 2 year Graduate Training Scheme will prepare you for a long and fulfilling career and offers you the chance to earn a salary whilst you are studying for your qualification.