3D Visualisation Designer (KTP Associate)
Manchester Metropolitan University is one of the UK's largest and most popular Universities. We are the University for World Class Professionals. The School of Computing, Mathematics and Digital Technology is a large and successful unit in MMU’s Faculty of Science and Engineering. It is committed to achieving high quality teaching, research and enterprise. The School saw improvements in REF 2014 outcomes in all the units of assessments in which members were submitted, and we are committed to improving further the quality and volume of research for the next research assessment exercise. The School has a long track record of securing grants from research councils, EU and government backed bodies like Innovate UK. The School works closely with employers, particularly in the region’s vibrant digital sector, on funded projects.
An exciting opportunity has become available to work full-time on a 22-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) between the Manchester Metropolitan University and S+B UK Ltd to accelerate planned growth by transforming design and quotation capabilities to enable S+B to fully exploit its expertise in product customisation and design innovation.
- Experience of C++ and Android/iOS development.
- Some experience with 3D modelling/rendering and software packages (CAD, SolidWorks, Maya, 3DS Max)
- Experience working with using software API's
- Experience with physically based rendering engines and suites such as SolidWorks, the Autodesk Suite and other photo-realistic rendering applications.
- You must have an honours degree (1st or 2:1) which includes units on programming and/or web development. Likely to be in areas such as Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Games Technology.
- £2,000 per year to spend on personal training
- Attendance at two residential managerial workshops (each of one week’s duration)
- Opportunity to register on a higher degree (at a reduced or no cost)
- Opportunity of a permanent position with the company; 70% of host companies make a permanent job offer to their Associate at the end of the project.
- Opportunity to achieve a Diploma in Management
- Potentially achieve chartered engineer status
To search other KTP vacancies - see here: