3 days left
- Full Time
The company is expanding and has a vacancy for a bright IT Technician. We are looking for an intelligent and self-motivated individual to work with the support teams ensuring that all customers receive a high quality, reliable and secure service.
- A desire to impress colleagues and customers
- Using initiative to deliver impressive results
- Eagerness to learn and develop tech skills
- Flexibility, team spirit and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, confident, smart and personable
- Enthusiastic, tenacious and hard working
- You must thrive on a challenge and have the experience and ability to work to deadlines
- IT hardware knowledge is desirable but not essential
- Some Windows Server experience (Active Directory and Group Policy) is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with/building computers
- Natural affinity for technology
- A logical approach to troubleshooting problems
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- The role involves working as part of a small team and as an individual to support school staff on routine and ad hoc visits including helping and advising on issues, repairing machines or troubleshooting faults with wireless systems.
- Whilst this role primarily focuses on providing support, there will be wide exposure to all activities undertaken by Harrap ICT and also project/R&D based work.
- The job will involve travelling directly from home to various locations acoss Hampshire, plus regular visits to head office in Winchester.
- A full driving license is essential and use of own car would be preferred but is not essential.
- You will report to the Support and Operations Managers. Taking ownership of issues, tracking calls and communicating with customers and colleagues is the key to being successful in this role.
- There will be opportunity for advancement for the right candidate.
- Visiting schools and working through tickets
- Fixing computers and issues on-site and in our workshop
- Managing and tracking support issues effectively and communicating progress to customers
- Working with team members to meet deadlines
- Using initiative to learn and be up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Our standard week is 37.5 hours to fit around customer requirements, with 30 minutes of daily breaks.