Graduate Quality Engineer
Fantastic opportunity for a technical graduate to get into the quality engineering!
Who are Bowman Power Group? – We are a technology company based in Southampton, working to help make the power generation industry cleaner and more energy efficient. Our technology provides more power, reduces CO2 and improves fuel efficiency.
200 hours per year holiday (27 days) plus English public holidays, with an additional day per completed years’ service up to a maximum of 224 hours (30 days).
Pension: Company Pension Scheme whereby the company will contribute 5% of your annual salary.
Life Assurance- Four times salary.
Healthcare for self.
- Responsibility for handling all part and products submitted via incoming goods.
- Supervising quality of shop floor tasks, assessing and supporting the development of Bowman’s processes to deliver quality products to its expanding customer base.
- Create Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and Faro Arm programmes, based on engineering drawings to measure and produce reports.
- Investigate product quality related reports from customers, in house production and supply chain.
- Support and develop business HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) processes.
- Deal with day to day quality issues as they arise.
- Communication – Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels (written and verbally). Establishes processes to ensure that operational information is communicated effectively. Able to negotiate and mediate.
- Technical Ability – IT Literate, able to demonstrate analytical skills, degree qualified in technical discipline (Mechanical Engineering Preferred), Experience in key problem solving and continuous improvement techniques.
- Quality focus – Promotes efficiency and profitability by encouraging and facilitation of best practice and quality throughout the organisation. Is highly focused and sets demanding standards for the quality of their own work.
- Productivity – Demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set. Creates plans that translate business objectives into relevant action.
- Application to Role – Produces creative ideas and solutions to operational problems and constraints. Embraces change, managing plans and resources effectively to meet new circumstances and priorities.