Graduate Quantity Surveyor
- Full Time
Are you a Graduate Quantity Surveyor who is looking to start your career with an established, award winning Chartered Surveyors? Look no further; An exceptional company based in Tewkesbury are now looking to welcome a Graduate to their energetic and friendly team. This full time, permanent opportunity offers a basic salary DOE (GBP20,000 - GBP25,000) with outstanding career progression.
Ideally, you will have completed a 'sandwich' degree, working for a Chartered Surveyors as a part of your University studies. This opportunity offers exposure to high-end, spectacular projects including: Private housing, Healthcare, Education, WP interiors, Retail & Leisure, Office & Industrial and Public Services - What more could you want?
- Quantity Surveying & Project Management
- Contract Administration
- Principal Design
- Boundaries Disputes & Party Wall Awards
- Managing the costs relating to building and engineering projects and enhance value for money whilst ensuring that the project meets all legal and quality assurance requirements and regulations
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments
- Recording and monitoring variations to the contract, and ascertaining the costs involved.
- Measuring construction works onsite, recording progress and valuing the work, based on agreed contract rates.
- Compiling monthly reports to show the progress of a project
- Regularly liaising with clients and Attending meetings with clients and advising them on any commercial issues that arise.
- To have a degree accredited by the Royal Institute for Chartered Surveyors (RICS) is required - Surveying, Construction, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering.
- Ideally you will have completed a 'sandwich' degree, whereby you have 1 years' experience working in a Chartered Surveyors.
- Be energetic and friendly
- Be very presentable - as you will be client facing
- Possess good knowledge of construction
- Have excellent financial and numeracy management skills
- Have string communication and negotiating skills
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines.
- Training and financial support to achieve Chartered Status
- Discretionary bonus
- A RICS Mentor who can help you with your APC Assessment
- A healthcare package
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Will be provided with a work mobile