Profect Officer (Part time)
The UK Research Integrity Office (UKRIO) is recruiting a Project Officer (part-time) to assist with its work supporting high quality and ethical standards in UK academic, scientific and medical research.
This is an opportunity to develop a broad base of skills in a busy charity and gain an understanding of the challenges facing the integrity and quality of research in the UK.
UKRIO is an independent advisory body supporting good practice in all disciplines of research. Our charity helps ensure that research is high quality and of high ethical standards, without the need for burdensome regulation or bureaucracy. For further information, visit our website.
We are offering this post at 0.6 FTE, which can be worked within standard business hours, Monday to Friday, based at our offices in Croydon, south London.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with excellent communication and analytical skills and the initiative to work independently as well as functioning as part of our small team.
- Graduate or postgraduate applicants from any academic discipline would be welcome.
- You are not expected to be an expert in research integrity but general knowledge of how academic, scientific or medical research is conducted in the UK is essential.
- Experience in research governance, ethics or integrity in higher education or the NHS would be very advantageous.
- Experience in organising events or working in a membership organisation.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a covering letter, of no more than one page, informing us why you are suitable for this role, to James Parry, Chief Executive, UKRIO at email@example.com.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
UKRIO is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.