Student Voice Coordinator
Salary Range: Grade 3.1: £17,521
Hours: Full Time - 35 hours a week
Solent Students’ Union has a vision that “Every student will have an excellent student experience at Solent University” which is underpinned by our mission to enrich the student experience through opportunities, support, influence and action. We are a close team of professionals who believe that every student matters and have great aspirations with increasing success.
- We are looking for a professional, passionate and enthusiastic person to join our Student Involvement team as a Student Voice Coordinator.
- This role is fundamental to the “Influence” theme of our new plan and will have responsibility for supporting students in core Union activities including democracy; academic representation and campaigning.
- The post holder will provide staff support to the Vice President of Education and will passionately believe in the benefits of representation and student leadership to our members, demonstrating an acute understanding of their importance in achieving our Vision and Mission.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills; a strong customer or membership focus and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- They will have the ability work on their own initiative as well as being a proactive team member with the ability to prioritise a changing workload.
- They will have excellent interpersonal skills, a ‘can do’ attitude and an ability to communicate complex information to students, officers, service managers and key University staff.
- They will believe that every student matters and clearly demonstrate a commitment to our organisational values.
For further information or an informal discussion on this post please contact Lorna Reavley, Chief Executive at Solent Students’ Union.
For an application pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday 18th August 2017 at midday
Interview Date: Thursday 7th September 2017