Business Development & Production Management (Work exp, leading to salaried position)
We are in the commercial (corporate) video sector, and for many years now, our growth has dwarfed that of broadcast television. That growth is fully driven by the demand from companies and brands for online marketing videos and social media content.
This will start as an unpaid work experience position, but so long as you fully internalise training, prove yourself in the role and deliver consistent results - it will develop into a full time salaried position. As an independent production company we have infinitely more flexibility to empower you to work towards what you want to achieve in your career. This is why the role is set to be a rare, but excellent launch straight into the industry.
Full training will be given at our head office in Southampton city centre. As you progress within the company if you would like to include other elements to your role such as production management or anything else that could well be an option.
If this sounds interesting and you’re keen to get started before everyone else, the first thing to do is to send an introduction by email about who you are plus any examples of work you’ve done. Speed is key here as we need to get this role filled asap.
- Recent graduate in video production to take on a business development and production management role.
- To help you advance your career in media we've got an opportunity that takes a slightly different route, but for the right person it will advance your career, much, much quicker than any other run-of-the-mill graduate media position.
- You will need to have a solid familiarity with the video production process, but in addition… a drive to excel within a creative video agency environment.
- The role will involve helping bring on board new video production clients in a very specific, yet arguably the most exciting industry sector to be working in right now as a video production company.
- Managing client contacts directly via email and telephone
- Attending client production meetings with senior production staff
- Arranging studio bookings
- Managing client productions - arranging crew, travel, resources, edit delivery, liaising with the edit and graphics team to bring projects to final sign off and completion
After the introductory email, if all’s good we can then arrange an in person meeting at our offices to discuss further.
Please note this opportunity is unpaid and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx