Graduate Logistics Account Manager
This very reputable multi-million organisation is one of the most respected and recognised companies in the industry, with their trade rooting to centuries back they have developed various successful divisions along the way. As part of another expansion scheme they are now looking to take on a focused, driven and articulate graduate to maintain and develop the professional brand of the business.
This organisation genuinely believes that progression should not be limited and holds a successful track record of progressing all of their graduates within the organisation, even up to the board of Directors level! The prospect for growth is truly unlimited in this dynamic role.
Working on a new contract for AN International brand, this exciting new opportunity offers a graduate challenge, progression and the chance to be an integral part of this global organisation.
- To control all aspects of the main contracts operations ensuring that all freight is delivered in the most profitable and efficient way possible whilst ensuring all specific customer requirements are met at all times.
- To provide an administrative function to the main contract.
- To assist in other areas of the transport operation when necessary.
- To ensure that the main contracts freight is planned from the platform in the most efficient way possible
- To continually update the traffic management system, updating jobs and preparing load lists.
- To monitor the driver holiday / sickness cover on the main contract ensuring that relief drivers are available.
- To liaise between relevant planners and all other operational staff to ensure the effective operation of the main contract.
- To ensure daily effective communication between all internal / external departments.
- To ensure that all customer requirements are met by the resources available and within designated time scales.
- To provide the highest level of customer care at all times.
- To prepare and check the invoicing of the main account.
- To book in and monitor all the main contracts deliveries.
- To provide timely ETA request when required.
- To liaise with drivers delivering main contracts products ensuring that delivery schedules are adhered to.
- To follow and enforce all relevant employment, health and safety and working time legal regulations.
- To maintain strong communication links with the clients driver management and customer service departments.
- To ensure the company’s disciplinary code is adhered to at all times.
- To help maintain a safe working environment in line with H&S Act 1974.
- To undertake any reasonable task /request from management
- To consider and maintain cost effectiveness at all times
- Full driving licence
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Interpersonally effective
- Influence people positively
- Listen with respect to the views of others
- Communicate with courtesy and proactively at all times
- Take issue with the issue, not with the person
- Develop trust and respect from colleagues across the organisation
- Be constructive and supportive in your interactions
- Identify problems early and respond in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate personal drive
- Communicate effectively (active listening, questioning, expressing self clearly and concisely)
- Positive and pro-active approach to work
- Contribute pro-actively, positively and professionally to formal and informal discussions with all colleagues
- Approachable to all colleagues
- Ensure that your behaviours and actions are neither overbearing or disrespectful to your colleagues
- Work collaboratively and co-operatively at all time with colleagues
- Focus on achieving the company goals and objectives
- Use humour appropriately and respectfully
SALARY: Competitive 25K – 28K
HOLIDAY & BENEFITS: 21 days holiday plus bank holidays Life Assurance. Contributory Pension. Simply Health Cashback. Use of pool car when visiting clients
Exciting opportunities to progress and travel.