Graduate Server Engineer (C#, .NET)
We are looking for an entry-level C# engineer to join our team to help us build server technologies that power games played by millions of people all around the world.
Our experienced team creates highly scalable and resilient backend services built on cloud infrastructure. We take a huge amount of pride in what we do, focusing on technical quality and leveraging some of the latest technology and techniques.
We’re always looking to solve new technical challenges, whether it be real-time multiplayer on mobile or creating industry-leading tools that enable teams to continuously tune and update live games.
Our typical technology stack includes .NET Core microservices, running on Docker/Kubernetes and leveraging a wide range of NoSQL and SQL database
This is a great first step into the games industry, working with an experienced team and gaining invaluable skills.
- Build scalable backend services and APIs to power our games
- Collaborate with client-side engineering teams and game designers to determine the best technical approach
- Contribute to the full game development lifecycle from design, planning, implementation, deployment and live operations
- Troubleshoot and optimise live systems
- Knowledge of server side programming using C# and .NET
- Familiarity with SQL and/or NoSQL systems
- An understanding of good development practices (source control, testing etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity of one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc) (Desirable)
- Experience with Docker (Desirable)
- An understanding of the techniques used for building high performance, scalable software (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Unity3D or mobile application development (Desirable)
- Work on projects that will be experienced by millions of players
- Use cutting edge technologies and techniques
- You love what you do, and want to be surrounded by talented (super nice) people who share your passion
- Empower other engineers to build amazing products with your technology
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game makers with around 100 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people who devote their careers to crafting awesome original games.
We produce around three new titles every year and deliver them to millions of players with backing from the UK’s top industry veterans and carefully selected partners.
You’ll find our games on Smartphones, Console and PC platforms being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world!
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
Working in small and ambitious teams we strive to create an open, down-to-earth workplace.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London and Brighton and both have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches.
If successful, we’ll invite you for an informal chat to learn a bit about you and your work.
At some stage during the application process we usually ask to see code samples. While not essential, sending us a code demo up-front with your CV will speed up your application. The code demo could be any concept or prototype which you're proud of - something you’ve created for university, work or in your spare time would be ideal.
If your application is successful you may be asked to answer technical questions or complete a code test during the interview.
We're looking forward to your application!