Youth Choices Facilitator
The aim of the job is to deliver Youth Choices to young people with ongoing support and to develop the use of Youth Choices amongst educationalists, youth workers, youth support workers etc.
- Ensure the effective development and delivery of Youth Choices courses
- Develop an effective support system for young people to enable them to achieve their end of course action plans and objectives.
- Work with related youth workers to facilitate the ongoing growth of the young person.
- Help train new youth workers wishing to deliver youth Choices courses in their own settings.
- Ensure Youth Choices courses are delivered and that young people grow in confidence, motivation and employability and as a result take steps in work, learning and changed lives.
- Develop an ongoing support relationship, groups and activities to facilitate the continued personal growth and achievement of post-course targets, of young people who have attended Youth Choices courses.
- Develop wrap-around support systems for the young person through both direct and indirect support.
- Ensure volunteer Youth Facilitators are equipped and mentored and that a youth volunteer facilitators network is built.
- Work with the Development Administrator to ensure that that Web site and You tube resources are developed to promote the use of Youth Choices courses
- Work with the Development Administrator to ensure that the Youth Choices training manual and train-the-trainers courses are developed
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to contribute to the production of bids for statutory and other sources of income for Youth Choices delivery
- Experience of facilitating courses (Desirable)
- Experience of youth work
- Able to deliver courses and coach individuals
- Able to organise own work
- Able to effectively observe and assess trainee facilitators
- Able to communicate effectively and build effective working relationships with young people
- Able to produce clear reports and computer literate (Desirable)
- Professionally qualified (Desirable)
- Teaching Qualification such as PGCE (Desirable)
- Youth work qualification (Desirable)
- Understand how people learn
- Understanding of NEET young people and their needs (Desirable)
- Knowledge of education and youth networks (Desirable)
- Treat candidates with respect and dignity
- Genuine empathy with and passion for young people
- Understanding of the role and vision of SAFE and a passion to ensure its success (Desirable)