Big Data Application Developer (KTP Associate)
An exciting opportunity to work as a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate has arisen as part of a 24-month KTP with Cranfield University. This is a novel, innovative and cutting-edge project that offers the opportunity to take on a project that has the potential to touch people’s lives on a global scale. A successful project, delivered by the right candidate, will have a very high chance of becoming a new spin-out company with scope for the KTP Associate to continue their journey through this new venture.
During the project lifespan the successful candidate will enjoy a personal development budget of £4,000.
- As a KTP Associate, you will mainly be based at MVBT but will work in conjunction with the Manufacturing Informatics Centre at Cranfield University.
- The Centre at works with industry to overcome barriers to using Information and Communication Technology and deliver proven systems of modelling, simulation and automation in both manufacturing and service environments.
- In this role the KTP Associate will lead the development of an Internet Service Platform (ISP), addressing the International Air Transport Association's (IATA) New Distribution regulatory standards for XML communication, that will provide customers with a connected buying experience embedded into any travel movement.
- This role will involve the development of Big Data and related data management systems related to the travel industry.
- You will build on a heritage of excellence and become a key team member at Meon Valley Business Travel Ltd. Engagement and working with clients and customers is actively encouraged from the outset.
- This role requires knowledge of Big Data environments and data mining practice along with computer programming skills in a modern OOP language such as C#, Java, C++ (full stack Java programing knowledge is desirable for this role).
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques will also be desirable in this role.
- This role would suit an individual with excellent team working skills and an ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts effectively.
- Previous experience of managing technology projects and leading on software development is also essential.
- The successful candidate will also possess a Masters level degree in a Computer Science /Mathematics related subject, or preferably, a PhD in one of these areas.
To search other KTP vacancies - see here: