Online Content Editor
We are looking for a Content Editor for Heart who will play an essential role in creating a vibrant and engaging environment for people to experience the best of radio, entertainment and lifestyle that heart.co.uk has to offer.
From great video led stories to celebrity and entertainment, you will be confident pitching and writing entertainment and lifestyle stories.
You will support the on-air team by providing an essential link between them and the online team to ensure that both platforms work seamlessly in tandem, with the ultimate aim of ensuring heart’s 9.3 million listeners engage with our online content and extending the audience for heart.co.uk.
- You'll be experienced in writing for the web and creating engaging feature content in a busy environment often to tight deadlines.
- Liaising with on-air producers, presenters and digital editors to plan and execute digitally focused radio features that engage both listeners and online users.
- Driving traffic to heart.co.uk with particular focus on tie-ins with our most popular on-air shows, station events and promotions.
- Ensure on-air priorities are reflected in online content.
- Schedule push notifications for on-air content.
- Manage the online elements of on-air commercial activity and liaise with the radio and social teams on these cross platform initiatives.
- Managing the online output of radio to include live events, station games, presenter led content and video.
- Keeping on-air content up to date online.
- Heart has broadcast centres across the UK and you will work to support these digital centres from an online perspective.
- You’ll have a great tabloid writing style that is pacey, a little cheeky and full of personality.
- Accurate writing and subbing.
- Experience of a content management system.
- Great organizational skills.
- You’ll need to be ahead of the curve, able to spot trends and with the ability to generate stories from a unique perspective that sets Heart aside from other entertainment media.
- Ideas driven, you will be able to articulate your editorial ideas.
- React to breaking stories to deliver timely and engaging content.
- As heart.co.uk is a 24hr experience you’ll be available for some out of hours shifts.