We’re looking for a smart, enthusiastic and fast-paced Junior Editor to join the Vogue International editorial team. The Junior Editor will be responsible for monitoring news of interest to Vogue readers, and aiding our editors in 11 markets to produce breaking news stories in conjunction with our central editorial and photography teams. In addition, the junior editor will be expected to pitch, write, produce and copy-edit feature stories that strengthen Vogue’s journalistic authority and influence while helping our markets reach their goal of significantly growing their total and core loyal audiences.
This is a new role and requires a creative self-starter with a passion for digital journalism, knowledge of the fashion industry and the ambition to publish agenda-setting fashion stories. The role demands top-notch writing, analytical and organisation skills, and the ability to build relationships both internally and with external sources including designers, executives, publicists and other industry stakeholders.
The Junior Editor will work closely with the Commissioning Editor, Fashion News Editor, Fashion Features Editor, and our photography, video, interactive and off-platform teams.
The position of Junior Editor will report into the Commissioning Editor, Vogue International, and be based in London.
- Working with the Fashion News Editor, monitor global fashion and celebrity news and keep our 11 Vogue teams informed of breaking and trending stories via Slack and other communication channels.
- Work closely with the editorial and photography teams to produce news stories, including gathering assets (press releases, photos, quotes, background information, etc.) to help our international teams build news stories locally.
- Pitch, write and produce news and feature stories.
- Bring creativity to planning how Vogue International covers key events across different digital platforms, including Instagram and Snapchat.
- Copy-edit stories to ensure they are clean, concise, and capture the Vogue voice and point-of-view.
- Journalism degree or equivalent reporting experience
- Knowledge of the fashion industry
- An excellent writer, able to deliver clean, concise copy on deadline.
- A skilled multi-tasker, with ability to juggle breaking news stories with long-lead features.
- An ideas generator, eager to uncover original stories and angles.
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a 24-hour news cycle.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with industry sources.
- Enthusiasm for digital publishing and the requirements of storytelling on different social platforms.
- A collaborative working style.
- Fluency in a second language is highly desirable.