Our Technical Operations team are seeking to recruit a system administrator to join our fast paced innovative company.
TPP is a market leading UK based IT company, dedicated to delivering innovative software solutions to the UK healthcare industry. After 20 years of success, we now operate on an international scale with projects ongoing across the Middle East and China.
TPP has been consistently recognised as an outstanding graduate employer. In 2014 and 2015 we placed first in The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies To Work For. Most recently, we were named ‘Top Company For Graduates To Work For’ 2016/17 by The JobCrowd.
We establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all levels of government and international healthcare organisations.
- This role involves managing and supporting an IT infrastructure on an international level
- Database management
- Database, hardware and network performance tuning
- Installation and administration of servers
- Management and configuration of switches, firewalls and routers
- Managing data centre infrastructure
- Application and infrastructure security testing
- End to end resolution on technical issues
- You will be working closely with TPP Developers ensuring the SystmOne solution remains available and runs as fast as possible for our end users.
- You may also interact with clients both in the UK and internationally.
- ABB or higher at A Level (or equivalent) including either Maths or IT
- A 2:1 or higher in a computer related degree
- A passion for computing and new technologies & competent knowledge of general computing
- Be a natural problem solver
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written, with the ability to liaise internally and externally with contacts at all levels
- The ability to work within strict deadlines and under pressure
- The ability to think broadly and have an aptitude to learn quickly
- Experience managing and performance tuning databases (Desirable)
- Network TCP/IP troubleshooting (Desirable)
- Using virtualisation technologies (Desirable)
- Hardware resolution (desktop/servers) (Desirable)
- IT security conscious (Desirable)
- A second language is advantageous, but not essential.
- We will give you an excellent starting salary of £32,000 with outstanding annual pay reviews.
- Your salary will increase rapidly during your time at the company.
- BUPA Health, Dental and Travel cover
- Fantastic holiday entitlement
- Regular social events
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Pub Fridays
- £200 birthday meal allowance
- Life insurance
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. When applying, please specify:
Which university you attended
All individual GCSE and A Level grades
Your degree classification
What languages you are fluent in (if any)
Where you heard about the job
Please note: We reimburse applicants for travel to and from interviews