Night News Reporter
Are you ready to take the next step up the journalism career ladder to join the reporting team and news desk of one of the UK’s biggest newspapers? We are looking for a night news reporter to join our dynamic team.
- This role will involve working Monday - Friday (nights), but also cover the Sundays from time to time.
- Work alongside the night news editor on breaking and developing news stories, providing fast, accurate copy to tight deadlines.
- Communicating with reporters, senior executives from all departments including our online team and members of the public is also crucial.
- The role will involve some night news editing and forward planning responsibilities.
- Relevant qualification in journalism.
- Demonstrate the highest level of reporting skills, initiative and sound judgement in a demanding newspaper environment.
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadline.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of current affairs.
- Demonstrate a sound grasp of the political and moral stance of the newspaper and to identify and develop stories accordingly.
- Ability to develop a broad contact base. Resourceful, inquisitive and tenacious, with good interpersonal skills. Displaying a high level of creativity and originality.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) a year
- Chance to develop your career at Trinity Mirror
- Competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio