We deliver experiences of a lifetime to our guests as they traverse the globe on our impressive fleet of ships. With multi-million pound turnovers, we are looking for the future in exceptional financial minds and inspirational leaders to continue the Cunard Line and P&O Cruises success story.
You will be joining the heart of our finance team in a graduate scheme which will give you the opportunity to experience a full range of financial functions. You’ll gain experience in core areas such as Financial Planning and Analysis, Financial Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Our Finance graduate development programme is designed to not only develop your technical skill in finance but just as importantly, help you to establish what it takes to be a future leader in our organisation.
Your development starts with full support from the word go. You will be assigned a mentor and receive continuous development to help you reach your full potential. In addition, we’ll give you full study support for either a CIMA or ACCA qualification.
- This is a three year programme designed to both challenge you and immerse you into professional Finance roles from day one. Your programme will be broken into the following rotations: YEAR ONE: Assistant Finance Analyst (6 months), Assistant Management Accountant (6 months) YEAR TWO: Assistant Financial Accountant (6 months), Assistant Reporting Analyst (6 months)
- Your final year will be spent ‘in post’.
- We’ll look at our operational needs and work with you to place you according your strengths, interests and development areas.
- Throughout the programme, you’ll be assigned a number of real-life, business projects to complete.
- You’ll also complete ‘mini placements’ – time spent in other departments and business areas.
- This will help you gain understanding on how we operate and what influences a complex business such as ours.
- We may even want you to spend a short time onboard as part of this.
- Rotation plans may change from time to time, and according to operational needs.
- Once you’ve successfully completed your programme, you’ll be appointed to a role in one of our Finance teams – this will be based on which area you’ve chosen to specialise in. Experience and high performance, will enable you to move up to Senior Management roles. We’re looking to shape our financial leaders of the future, and see our graduates moving up through senior roles to Director Level and beyond. We actively promote from within, and look to build lasting relationships with our people as part of our family.
- You will need drive and a real passion to succeed, together with the ability to tackle complex challenges, make decisions and influence.
- The role will suit an ambitious, naturally inquisitive person who has a passion for our operational business along with commercial acumen.
- You will need to have a minimum 2:1 degree in a Finance, Accounting, Business or Maths discipline or relevant subject area.
- You must have unrestricted rights to work and reside in the UK and you will also be required to pass background and security checks.
- As part of your professional development, we’ll support you to achieve accreditation with either the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). We’ll sponsor you through your studies, a combination of workshops, assignments and examinations - the pace will be self-directed, but we’ll want you to have finished by the end of your programme.