Marine HR Programme
It's often said, but we really believe that people are the heart of our company. In our business they have to be. We exist to provide our guests with amazing voyages to incredible destinations and it is our people who make that happen. Building bigger and more impressive ships is the easy part - having a committed workforce who are passionate about our guests and maximising the talent and potential of our people is what really makes the difference.
The Marine People Management pathway is a Graduate HR programme with a difference. You will be exposed to a challenging rotation pattern that covers the core elements of people management, but you will do that ashore and on one of our world famous ships. You will be managing up to 56 nationalities on board, acting as the advisor on people issues whilst travelling around the world, as well as achieving a thorough grounding shoreside in all HR disciplines. You will emerge from the programme as a well rounded, self sufficient HR professional who can manage on an international stage across cultural divides.
- This is a two year programme of six rotations. In year one, you will undertake three rotations to give you a solid grounding in people management.
- You will be undertaking real life projects and tasks in the following areas: Employee Relations, Resourcing - part Southampton, part Mumbai or Manila, Learning and Development One day a week, you will attend Southampton Solent University to study for a Postgraduate Diploma in Personnel and Development.
- In year two, you will undertake a further three rotations, whilst completing your Postgraduate Diploma: Officer Cadet - HR & Crew Management (Ship), Officer Cadet - Learning & Development (Ship), Engagement and Wellbeing Rotation patterns and plans may change from time to time, and according to operational needs.
- On completing the programme you will be appointed to a role managing our crew office or the learning and development function on board, or to a HR specialist role shoreside in one of our central departments.
- With experience and high performance, your next role is as a HR Manager on a ship.
- This is a senior officer role where you will be responsible for the HR function looking after our Officers and Crew, including their engagement and wellbeing.
- Our ships have up to 1350 people on board, and operate themselves as multi-million pound businesses.
- It is a role like no other, with substantial responsibility and real accountability as part of the on-board Senior Management Team.
- After HR Manager, you would typically undertake senior manager roles in shoreside HR, with upward progression to HR Director and beyond.
- We actively promote from within, and look to build lasting relationships with our people as part of our family.
- We are looking for resilient, quick thinking, positive people with a thirst for new knowledge and who enjoy working out of a routine.
- The role will suit a naturally inquisitive person who has a passion for our operational business along with commercial acumen.
- You will need to have a minimum 2:1 degree.
- You must have unrestricted rights to work and reside in the UK.
- As the role involves working at sea, you will need to obtain and maintain the appropriate Maritime and Coastguard Agency medical clearance.
- You will also be required to pass background and security checks and obtain a United States C1/D seafarer visa. The company meets any reasonable costs incurred in obtaining medicals and visas.