Hotel Officer Cadetship Programme
It takes inspirational leaders to run an organisation such as ours, and we are looking to develop the next generation for Cunard Line and P&O Cruises to take forward our 180 year heritage. We deliver exceptional holiday experiences to our guests and it’s a complex operation. There’s a lot to learn operationally and commercially, but also about managing large and culturally diverse teams. We’ll design your rotations with that in mind, so expect a uniquely challenging programme intended to give you a solid grounding in managing our largest shipboard department - Hotel. The Hotel Officer Cadetship is a graduate programme of distinct opportunity. We’re looking to shape our future Hotel General Managers and that takes time. You’ll travel the world, and experience the challenge that comes with it, becoming adept at working remotely and managing large scale operations on an international platform.
- This programme consists of four, four-month rotations onboard one of our impressive ships, with your first three rotations based primarily across the following departments: Hotel Operations (Revenue, Administration and Guest Relations), Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Entertainment
- Your fourth rotation will provide the finishing touches, where you will work shoreside understanding cruise itineraries, sales, marketing and people management.
- Throughout the programme, you’ll learn what it takes to deliver and manage our operation at all levels – and you’ll learn from everyone.
- During each rotation, you’ll undertake the jobs in the department, then act as a real life supervisor managing your own section or department.
- You will also complete several business projects, presenting back your findings and recommendations to our ship and shore Senior Management Teams.
- Hotel Officer Cadets are ship-based, but there will be times during your programme where you will be required to work at our Head Office in Southampton.
- Rotation plans may change from time to time, and according to operational needs.
- This programme is unique.
- You will emerge having undertaken the main jobs on board as well as supervising various sections and departments.
- Once you’ve successfully completed your programme, you’ll be appointed to a suitable hotel officer role at 'two stripe' middle management level.
- Our hotel department is large and the opportunities varied so we’ll work closely with you to identify your strengths and interests to place you accordingly.
- With experience and high performance, you’ll move through the ranks to become a senior hotel officer.
- This would typically be a Head of Department role with responsibility for several hundred people and a significant budget.
- From there, with rounded senior officer experience, the next step is Hotel General Manager.
- We are looking for resilient, quick thinking, guest focused people who have an eye for detail and enjoy leading others.
- The roles we offer will suit a person who enjoys the unexpected, who has a real pride in our company along with a high degree of commercial acumen.
- You will need to have a minimum 2:1 degree.
- You must have unrestricted rights to work and reside in the UK.
- As the role involves working at sea, you will need to obtain and maintain the appropriate Maritime and Coastguard Agency medical clearance.
- You will also be required to pass background and security checks and obtain a United States C1/D seafarer visa.
- The company meets all reasonable costs involved in obtaining your medical and visa.