Graduate Development Framework
The Graduate Development Framework is our two year scheme, which develops people who are passionate about and show great potential in their chosen field – be it business or engineering.
By combining formal learning with real world challenges across a number of placements, the GDF will give you a solid foundation to establish a successful career within one of our UK businesses.
- We recognise that your development is key for you to fulfil your potential in the world of work. That’s why we’ve created a programme that will support your learning to deliver real business value though it’s up to you to make the most of it.
- First things first: Your career with us starts with an induction to welcome you to the business. Here you will meet fellow graduates and find out more about what your future holds.
- Shortly after joining, you will be assigned a mentor who can act as a source of advice and insight, should you seek it.
- You’ll also participate in ‘Graduate Developing You’, which brings together graduates from across different business areas for a series of personal effectiveness modules, delivered by our award-winning learning and development partner, Impact International.
- At the end of your first year you’ll attend our Graduate Conference, where our graduates from across the globe gather in an event comprising speeches from senior BAE Systems people, a selection of educational and interactive workshops, and an exhibition that showcases some of the most interesting work we are engaged in.
- All of this will complement your placements to help you realise your potential. In essence, when you take ownership of your career aspirations, we’ll give you support, training and practical experience.
- To join us on the GDF you must have a minimum of a 2:1 bachelors degree. This can be in any subject for our business opportunities and must be in an engineering, numerical or scientific subject for our engineering positions.
- Although the academic requirements are important, we also want you to see opportunity where others see problems and think around challenges that others can't navigate. You'll use the resources at your fingertips and the skills you’ll develop to collaborate with your team and find solutions to real life problems.
- We place great importance not just on what we do, but how we do it. As a result, we encourage our employees to share their time and expertise to support local communities. At the end of each day, you can walk away knowing that what you do makes a difference.
- Starting salary of £28,000
- £2,000 welcome payment
- Competitive pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- 20% of salary available up front as an optional advance
- 25 days holiday per annum