Graduate Civil Engineer - Transportation, Aviation
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
One of our key business lines is Aviation, which is currently expanding due to a number of recent high profile project wins that have added to our already impressive portfolio.
We are an internationally recognised leader in Aviation consultancy, giving our clients a range of services including masterplanning, airside and landside design, construction supervision and project and programme management support services. Our Aviation division has up to 2000 staff globally carrying out professional services related to development in the Aviation industry.
The Aviation team deals with a range of different projects, across the globe, working with a range of clients including: funding agencies, national and local governments, aviation authorities and private organisations. Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international projects. This includes the new Istanbul airport, terminal; developments at Kuwait International Airport, runway development at Dublin airport, along with UK airports including; Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool. We work with the Defence Estates Organisation at various RAF bases, inspecting and rehabilitating the assets.
With a number of exciting opportunities now available for graduates to work within our Aviation team across the UK and supporting operations in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Selected candidates will be enrolled on our Graduate Development Programme and have the opportunity to develop their skills within a supporting environment which encourages challenge and collaborative behaviours.
- Transportation economics and planning
- Feasibility and corridor studies
- Environmental studies
- Ecological Studies
- Airfield design
- Landside design
- Master planning
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITS) 2
- Economic and Financial Modelling
- Early work with us will typically be assisting in developing our designs through the different stages, attending meetings and workshops with other design professionals.
- As a graduate develops they are expected to take on more responsibility in managing our projects from inception through to completion.
- BEng in Civil Engineering or Engineering Science 2:2 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil Engineering or Engineering Science 2:2 (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- And / or MSc in Aviation Planning
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive.
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills beneficial.
- Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
- We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.