Graduate Civil Engineer - Transportation, Bridges & Structures
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
One of our key business lines is Bridges which is currently expanding due to a number of recent high profile project wins which will be added to our already impressive portfolio. We are looking for ambitious, hard working, enthusiastic Civil Engineering graduates who have computational, mathematical and design skills.
Candidates will work on a variety of projects from concept design to implementation for clients who operate either locally, nationally or internationally. Those selected will have to be focused on delivery of results to our clients whilst finding enjoyment in technically challenging projects. As leaders in the sector, our Bridges’ teams provide wide challenging opportunities in an ever evolving industry.
Our undisputable global position could give you the chance to work in the design of a major underground project between our London, Madrid and the Middle East offices, undertake the assessment and maintenance of the current UK bridge network or propose renewal structural works for a central station.
With both international and domestic clients we are committed to provide quality, innovative and sustainable solutions using the latest technology in civil engineering whilst taking advantage of our integrated range of services by collaborating with the rest of the departments. Excellence, agility, perseverance, communication, forward-thinking and global awareness are some of the skills that our daily work demands from our teams in order to maintain and enhance our relationship with our clients and stakeholders as competition in the market grows harder.
Recent projects include Ashton Gate Bridge, South Africa, Brent Cross Redevelopment, Chesapeake Bay Bridge, Crossrail, Dargan Railway Viaduct Strengthening, Dublin City Council Opening Bridges, Forth Replacement Crossing, HS2 , Jodrell Bank Telescope, Manchester Metrolink Trafford Park Extension, M4 Corridor Newport, Northern Hub, North Manama Crossing, Bahrain, Manchester Ordsall Chord, Thames Tideway and Tower Bridge Refurbishment.
- Candidates will use industry leading computer software while working on a variety of different bridge specific expertise including: Structural Design, Bridge Assessment, Finite Elements Analysis, Structural Inspections, Structures Renewal Feasibility Studies, On-site Works Supervision, Scheme Management.
- Graduates will be expected to contribute to the design of structures from inception to completion, undertake the assessment of existing structures throughout the different stages such as on-site inspection and analysis or manage the resources and tasks within a scheme of structures. AECOM is committed to the development of the graduates providing mobility between different projects and gradually increasing the level of responsibility within the firm.
- Criteria varies across practice lines, consult the relevant job description for minimum requirements.
- All graduate roles require a minimum of a 2:2 classification (or equivalent, ie 50% or above) in a relevant degree and less than 2 years post grad relevant work experience
- Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
- We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.