Ford are looking for talented individuals to undertake a 12-month paid work placement, as part of our Business Placement Programme. You will work in our Purchasing department, starting in September 2017.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a global automotive industry leader. With a yearly spend of approximately $20 billion, our European Purchasing Group externally procures the components, services, and supplies required to manufacture vehicles and run our business. As an intern in Purchasing, you will complete projects within a team responsible for purchasing components or services to Ford.
Upon joining our team your typical responsibilities might include:
- Develop sourcing strategies & develop/analyse competitor & market data.
- Support on capacity assurance at supplier.
- Drive supplier performance to meet non-design/design cost, quality and timing targets.
- Participation in cross-functional teams to support sourcing process and meet program landmarks.
- Support engine/vehicle launches with internal customers & suppliers.
- Support requisitioned customers to develop robust statements of work and specifications.
- Review and develop contractual Terms & Conditions with suppliers to mitigate risks to the organisation.
- Ensure all sourcing in line with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Handle internal and external supplier relationships.
- Projects will involve working closely with supervising buyers, suppliers and other functions such as engineering, supplier technical assistance and manufacturing.
A key enabler of our success is our people. We organise ourselves into small, dynamic teams, where your individual contribution will have a direct influence on the profitability and success of our global business
You will also have the opportunity to work alongside global colleagues and contribute to international projects and work streams.
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Michigan, manufactures and distributes automobiles across six continents. Ford has about 197,000 employees and 67 plants worldwide, and the UK is one of our most important markets outside the US.
- Knowledge and passion about our business and customers.
- A drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate and contribute new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A can do, find a way, attitude.
- A positive approach and ability to inspire others.
- Experience of delivering high quality work to deadline.
- Creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation and self-confidence.