Graduate Acoustics Consultant
With well over a hundred technical staff, AECOM’s Acoustic Group is among the largest acoustics practices in the world. From its offices in the UK and Ireland, continental Europe, Australia, America, Canada, the Middle East and Far East, the Acoustic Group advises clients on building, environmental and occupational acoustics, noise mapping, vibration, audio-visual design and auralisation. In the UK, the Group has over fifty members of staff in seven offices. We have an enviable project portfolio across all market sectors, and, in order to meet the increasing demand for our services, we wish to recruit a number of engaged and talented Graduate Acoustic Engineers to join our team across the UK.
AECOM is a member of the Association of Noise Consultants and a sponsor member of the Institute of Acoustics. If you are self-motivated and capable, can demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment and good communication skills, you will quickly be given increasing responsibility across a variety of project types and sizes in order to maximize your learning and professional development. We will provide ongoing management and technical training and a structured programme of professional development as well as the day to day support you require to develop your skills in environmental, architectural, building and occupational acoustics.
Recent and current clients include High Speed 2, Rolls-Royce, DEFRA, Nestlé and Shell. Examples of recent projects: providing advice to Defra on Noise and Nuisance, building acoustics for the Battersea Power Station redevelopment, acoustic design of BBC studios, design and monitoring for the Thames Tideway Tunnel.
- Contributing to the acoustic input, measurements, data analysis, predictions, 3D and other modelling on a range of projects
- Undertake literature searches and primary research
- Take ownership of report writing
- Produce technical emails
- Attend design team meetings
- Contribute to scope and fee proposals
- Committed to becoming a corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics and ultimately a Chartered Acoustician
- A full driving licence would be beneficial as the role will involve travel for site surveys
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work out of normal office hours
- Strong report writing and Excel skills
- Work experience in the acoustics field would be an advantage
- BSc/MSc degree in Acoustics or related engineering/science discipline (e.g. physics)
- Degree classification of 2:1 or above (or equivalent) is preferred
- Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
- We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.