Environmental Landscape Architecture Graduate
AECOM are looking for exceptional graduate landscape architects to join our busy studios.
- As a graduate in our Landscape Architecture studio, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of project types from landscape and visual impact assessment through to the concept design and implementation process.
- The scope will include preparation of designs using various software, undertaking site work and assessments and working collaboratively across our network of offices.
- We enjoy an exceptional team approach working closely with architects, engineers, ecologists, economists, community outreach and other related professionals to develop award winning integrated projects.
- Our local practice network leverages AECOM’s global presence to address urban and climate changes in the next century and to serve as catalysts for regeneration.
- Our team of Landscape Architects deliver a range of exciting and varied projects across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region.
- We work in dynamic and challenging environments, in multi-disciplinary teams delivering solutions to a broad base of client sectors including development, energy, oil and gas, water, government and transportation.
- We are looking for creative and highly motivated team players that have the ability to assist senior members of the Landscape Architecture team and would like to be part of exciting projects on a local and national level.
- When a graduate starts with us we pair them with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects.
- Input into the production of Environmental Statements Landscape and Visual Impact
- Assessments and associated planning documents
- Design development of both hard and soft landscape schemes
- Assistance towards the coordination of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Field visits and surveys
- This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career, gaining valuable work experience, within an established consultancy.
- Streetscape improvements in Leicester
- High Street improvements in Oakham
- A strategy and vision for Crystal Palace Park, London
- An evaluation of the University of Cyprus campus masterplan
- Landscape designs for tender for High Speed Two
- Must be a Licentiate member of the Landscape Institute and on the Landscape Institute Pathway to Chartership
- Sound knowledge of Adobe suite
- Interest in all aspects of Landscape Architecture from concept to detail design.
- Ability to deliver Landscape Architecture solutions, and successfully manage time to meet project deadlines
- A hard working and highly motivated individual with excellent communication and report writing skills
- Client focused with good interpersonal skills and team approach.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to continued education and improvement through participating in our approved training schemes
- A graduate with a Landscape Architecture Degree– minimum
- 2:1 or above and Graduate Diploma or Masters
- Proven exposure to Landscape Architecture (ideally with approx six months- one year relevant work experience gleaned either during studies, industrial placement, vacation work or since graduation)
- AutoCAD essential, 3D computer skills preferred
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.