Graduate Landscape Architect
We enjoy what we do at AECOM and bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work. We’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed.
- As a Graduate Landscape Architect in our studio you will have the opportunity to work with senior members of the team on a wide range of project types at all stages of the design and implementation process
- Public realm and Landscape design from conceptual to detail design stage, including Town centre/ Urban Public Realm Improvement schemes, parks, business and commercial developments, residential developments, healthcare and education campuses, and transport based landscape projects.
- Tourism and community projects, including interpretation planning, community-led planning, public consultation, design workshops, village and town appraisals, and public realm design strategies.
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment for developments such as: Roads, Wind farms, grid infrastructure and substations, quarries, industrial, commercial and residential developments as part of Environmental Impact Assessment projects.
- Site surveys and analysis, research, public and stakeholder consultation, and production of
- concept/ detail design, construction drawings and works specifications.
- Production of high quality presentation drawings and graphics;
- Production of high quality written reports;
- Supporting project managers and other staff with other office duties with integrity and flexibility;
- Organising and managing your professional work responsibly and independently where necessary;
- Carry out professional work with care, conscientiousness and with proper regard to relevant technical and professional standards; and
- Ability of working to meet demanding deadlines.
- Interest in all aspects of Landscape Architecture from concept to detail design.
- A hard working and highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills
- Previous relevant work experience in a year out capacity from recognised Landscape practice would be beneficial
- Degree or Masters in Landscape Architecture accredited by EFLA/IFLA, Landscape Institute (LI) and/or the Irish Landscape Institute (ILI)
- Excellent computer and freehand graphic skills (Shortlisted Candidates will be expected to provide examples of work)
- Sound knowledge of Adobe suite and AutoCAD are essential
- 3D computer skills are an advantage in particular Rhino or SketchUp
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.