Geographical Information Systems Graduate
Our Geospatial & Data Services team is looking for an enthusiastic Geographical Information Systems (GIS) graduate to join our busy team of specialists.
- Our planners, economists, designers, environmental specialists, architects, engineers, programme managers and technicians work collaboratively to address complex challenges at all scales.
- We regenerate urban areas, cities and regions, create distinctive buildings and public spaces, plan for the management of open space and natural systems, and design and deliver infrastructure programmes.
- Our work helps realise the aspirations of clients and communities in more than 100 countries. AECOM are currently looking to recruit a proactive and enthusiastic GIS Graduate to join the Geospatial & Data Services team based within our Croydon and Central London offices.
- This is a full time, permanent role within a team of over 20 staff located in multiple offices in the UK. The role will provide GIS support on a range of projects to both internal and external clients mainly within the environment and ground engineering business line – currently including support to high profile major transport and infrastructure schemes, conventional and renewable power developments, other industrial and commercial development projects as well as GIS/Data Management project directly led by the Geospatial & Data Services team.
- Whilst the role will be based in the London office of AECOM the ideal candidate should be flexible to occasionally work from other AECOM or client offices depending on project requirements.
- When a graduate starts with us we pair them with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects.
- Their initial role will support and assist with the completion of tasks.
- Data capture, management, analysis and validation
- Data conversion and integration
- Map production
- Spatial and 3D analysis
- Design and build spatial and non-spatial databases
- Meeting with internal clients to determine GIS requirements
- You will provide critical GIS input to delivering projects on time and budget.
- You should be innovative and creative with strong interpersonal communication skills, and be comfortable working independently as well as in an interdisciplinary multi-cultural team.
- A solid foundation in the use of ArcGIS desktop software and extensions
- A sound understanding of spatial data structures and fundamental concepts of GIS
- Ability to complete work with GIS best practice and corporate standards in mind
- Ability to liaise with internal and external clients to promote GIS and deliver high quality GIS input into their projects
- Able to work on their own and with the wider GIS/project team based in multiple locations
- Proficient in the delivery of allocated project tasks, to quality, time and budget requirements
- Have good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Exemplary focus, ambition and attention to detail
- Be dynamic and provide innovative solutions
- A degree qualification in GIS or a related field where GIS skills have been developed. A relevant MSc would be desirable but not essential
- Proficient in using MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Experience of working with environment and planning related datasets (desirable)
- Experience with working and controlling a large number of evolving datasets (desirable)
- Exposure to web GIS and/or enterprise GIS technologies (desirable)
- Exposure to mobile and GPS survey technology (desirable)
- Programming languages and software development (ArcObjects, ArcPy, Python, C#, SQL) (desirable)
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.