Graduate Role - Risk, Regulation and Compliance Analyst
- Risk, Regulation and Compliance Analyst
- Risk, Regulation & Compliance Analysts gain industry training geared towards financial sectors within organisations such as Investment Banks, Hedge Funds and Asset & Wealth Management companies.
- Your role will be client facing and varied within the KYC (Know Your Customer), Regulation & Compliance and Risk business areas.
- You will be dealing with sensitive information and high profile projects that include capturing data requirements, as well as the reconciliation and remediation and analysis of the data across projects in operations and technology departments.
- This role will also include verifying client information and monitoring contracts in order to help manage the day-to-day first line defence process for client on-boarding, account opening and ongoing account activity reviews.
- Other activities include change and/or operations projects; ensuring Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime risks are minimised within the company, as well as the application of various regulations such as FATCA and Dodd Frank.
- Supporting risk managers in the implementation and management of adherence to regulatory process and procedures will be commonplace.
- You will also liaise with stakeholders from business and IT to capture requirements and maintain excellent communication across all departments.
- This role is crucial in assisting organisations with the accuracy and timely presentation of data, in line with internal process/governance and regulatory requirements.
- Before starting a role as a Risk, Regulation and Compliance Operations Analyst, you will undergo the following relevant training through the FDM Careers Programme: SQL. Excel/VBA, Business Analysis, Financial Industry Awareness, Regulation and Compliance, Market, Credit and Operational Risk
- An analytical thinker and problem solver
- Confident, ambitious with a client focused attitude
- Adept in creating and following business processes and procedures
- A strong leader with both an entrepreneurial and quantitative mind-set
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- A fast learner and able to work well under pressure
- Knowledge and experience in Risk, Regulation and Compliance can lead to management roles, as well as careers in business and operations analysis, project and risk management and of course specialisms within the regulation/compliance areas – these roles will constantly be evolving and always in demand.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for those who are team players and self-starters with an aptitude for fast learning and keen to start a career in Investment Banking and Capital Markets.
- Graduates from a Banking, Accounting, Law, Economics, Actuarial, Business, Finance or Finance Technology background or similar are perfect for this career pathway.