Graduate Tax Various Locations 2017
- A BDO client will generally have some short-term goals and a long-term vision – but standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues.
- Our job is to act as guides through the complex, ever-changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
- To do this, we must offer many different tax services.
- These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more.
- Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team.
- We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
- Your journey to becoming a BDO tax adviser will begin in the area of compliance – with responsibilities such as providing figures for a company’s statutory accounts, and preparing their corporate tax returns.
- As you develop, you’ll progress on to more challenging work, such as advising client’s on tax opportunities and pitfalls.
- You will also begin to deal directly with HMRC and get to grips with complex tax advisory projects.
- You may also get the chance to spend time in one of our specialist tax areas, such as: Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions Tax, Corporate International Tax, Real Estate & Construction Tax, Indirect Tax, Private Client Services Tax, Human Capital Tax
- This may also include one of our audit groups, to really explore your options and talents and diversify your experience.
- As a tax trainee you will study towards an appropriate qualification, usually either the CTA (from the Chartered Institute of Taxation) or the joint ACA/CTA qualification (from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and the Chartered Institute of Taxation).
- This will be dependent on your Tax Business Stream and subject to change.
- This role will provide Tax services for a variety of clients.
- You will be a part of the Tax Team, ensuring that all of their deliverables are completed on time and within budget for your Senior and Manager.
- You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding your clients’ business.
- Assist Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service your clients
- Ensure client files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section
- Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the Line Manager
- Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by your Senior and Manager
- Prepare client tax returns required by your Senior and Manager
- Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of your Senior or Manager
- Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
- Ensure professional standards are met at all times
- You must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and your internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team and Professional Qualifications Team
- In line with our 2017 Trainee Programme entry requirements candidates for our Graduate Programme must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
Please note that some opportunities may close earlier than on Solent Graduate Jobs.