Architecture Graduate Placement
AECOM are looking for an exceptional Part 1 Architecture Placement Student to join our busy Belfast design studio on a one year placement. This studio is one of our design hubs designing and delivering premier, award-winning Architecture projects worldwide including two consecutive Olympic Games as well as a variety of prestigious local projects such as the Lagan Weir Footbridge, RVH Maternity Hospital and RVH Children’s’ Hospital.
We enjoy an exceptional team approach working closely with other architects, engineers, economists, community outreach and other related professionals to develop award winning integrated projects.
- As a Part 1 Architecture Placement Student in our Belfast studio you will have the opportunity to work with senior members of the team on a wide range of project types at all stages of the design and construction process.
- Right from day one, you will be given the opportunity to get stuck in to some important and challenging projects.
- Working at AECOM means every day is different, and you will be required to use your skills and knowledge to solve problems and provide key input in to our projects.
- You will work in a team to provide technical solutions for our clients, and your day could involve anything from assisting in technical reports, producing calculations and designs, travelling to and working on site, or participating in workgroup initiatives.
- You will assist in the preparation of design work and presentations.
- Support in the production of the technical delivery of projects including working drawings, specification writing and contract documentation.
- Support and collaborate with management and other designers on preparation of project proposals, architectural development proposals and feasibility studies.
- Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
- We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Available to start asap
- Strong hand drawing and computer graphic skills
- Sound knowledge of Adobe suite and AutoCAD essential
- 3d computer skills an advantage (Desirable)
- BIM/Revit skills an advantage (Desirable)
- Interest in all aspects of Architecture from concept to detail design. (Desirable)
- A hard working and highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills (Desirable)
- Previous relevant work experience within a recognized architectural practice would be beneficial (Desirable)
- We are seeking ambitious and energetic students who have excellent report writing and verbal communication skills, as well as strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Currently studying for or having recently attained BArch / BSc or equivalent architecture degree