Retail Placement Programme
Variety, responsibility and long-term career opportunities in one of the UK's great retail successes are on offer in our placement programme for ambitious undergraduates.
Your hunger for challenges is crucial to your success in this role. Because that's what this placement programme is all about - pushing yourself to learn and develop your skills in a professional environment.
Our Retail Placement Programme is one of the best out there. Over the course of 48 weeks, you will rotate around three core area; sales, logistics and supply chain. In each area, you will gain a valuable insight into our business operations, taking on real responsibilities and gaining real management experience in several key roles. You’ll notice huge personal development through structured training and development planning.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
- Passion for working as part of a team and also ability to work independently
- Self-motivation and determination to succeed in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Desire to learn, develop and challenge yourself in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Studying for an undergraduate degree in any discipline
- Possession of a Full driving licence valid in the UK by September 2019
- Live- or is able to relocate -within a one-hour commute of the regional location you choose
- Salary £20,500 per annum (plus additional 10% non-contractual London Weighting for employees working within the M25)
- 30 days annual leave pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.