Finance Graduate Scheme 2019
Taylor Wimpey is now recruiting for our 2019 Finance Graduate Programme beginning in September 2019. The scheme aims to provide a carefully selected group of graduates with a strong commercial grounding and an introduction to the house building sector. You will have the opportunity to work across several different business functions and office locations across the UK. This breadth of experience will help you gain a full appreciation of the build life cycle, support functions and how Taylor Wimpey operates one of the most successful business models in the industry. The finance scheme is a great opportunity for those completing a finance related degree looking to secure their first role in a FTSE 100 business whilst training towards their professional finance qualification.
- Our finance programme is a three year rotational scheme, where you will spend time in regional finance teams as well as our group finance setup in head office.
- Rotations will be a minimum of nine months long and graduates will have the opportunity to spend time in Head Office and a variety of our 24 regional offices located all across the UK.
- Successful candidates will all attend a five day residential induction programme where you will be given the opportunity to learn about the business in more detail, find out more about the three year programme and what it will bring and also get the chance to meet the other Graduates in your cohort.
- At the end of each business rotation, you will be given a full review of your performance which will contribute to an overall portfolio of your development.
- Senior leaders within the business will monitor your progress and you will be supported in achieving professional and/or other appropriate qualifications if required.
- Successful graduates will attend a number of Taylor Wimpey ‘Skills Camps’ and development interventions over two years that are designed to improve, amongst other things, your commercial awareness, management ability and personal skills. These will also provide an opportunity to hear from Senior Directors and their experiences of working for Taylor Wimpey.
- Graduates will also work on different projects during the three years, alongside your fellow graduates. These will include a charity project and an internal business project.
- At the end of the three year programme, all successful candidates will be offered a role within the organisation.
- Full driving license and access to a car – Required
- Willingness to travel around the UK and are happy to stay away from home for extended periods of time
- Be comfortable with the training commitments of a traditional finance qualification like ACCA or CIMA
- The ability to find innovative and creative solutions to solve problems
- The willingness to challenge the norm
- The ability to focus on the customer at all times
- In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
- Commercial placement or experience working in a finance team within a business
- First or 2:1 degree or equivalent in a finance related degree
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.