Future Leader Graduates
What better place for high fliers to get their careers off the ground? On our fast-paced leadership programme, you’ll get to work at the cutting edge of innovation, play a pivotal role in our nation’s economic growth, and learn exactly what it takes to be a future business leader.
18-month rotational scheme
You’ll undertake three six-month placements over the course of 18 months. These will expose you to our business from the frontline to the boardroom and enable you to acquire essential leadership, commercial and project management skills.
- Initial placement
Through collaborating with our colleagues and carrying out projects in the operation, you will be able to get a real understanding of how we run one of the world’s busiest airports.
- Commercial placement
This will typically be in an area like Retail, VIP or Premium Services, Procurement or Finance, where the projects you work on will give you real insight into how we make money as a business.
- Tailored placement
Your third and final placement will involve opportunities to hone your project management skills, but the type of role will depend on your personal strengths and preferences.
- People skills are essential if you want to succeed at Heathrow.
- We have over 400 companies based here, so you need to enjoy working with all kinds of people and be able to build strong relationships everywhere you go.
- You will also need to be someone who thrives on the buzz of a busy airport and is committed to delivering a best-in-class passenger experience.
- For our Future Leaders programme you need to have either graduated or be graduating from University by June 2019. We consider candidates from all disciplines and focus on your individual strengths and your suitability to be a Future Leader at Heathrow.
- Throughout the programme, you will enjoy the support of a senior sponsor from our executive team.
- They will be there to help you build your networks, challenge your thinking and unlock opportunities.
- You will also meet regularly with a dedicated mentor who can answer any questions you may have about the organisation and help you find solutions to any challenges you may face.
- Plus you will have a ‘buddy’ to show you the ropes until you find your feet.
Where do you take your career next after completing the scheme? The possibilities are almost endless. Previous graduates have gone into every area of our business, from frontline operations to infrastructure development, to one of our award-winning head office teams.
- It begins with an online application, including the opportunity to explore your responses to scenarios which you may come across at Heathrow.
- The next step will allow you to demonstrate your numerical, verbal and abstract abilities through a game-based mobile application.
- We will conduct a video interview to further explore your behaviours, building upon your online application.
- A telephone coaching interview will be the penultimate step in the process, giving you a chance to discuss your experiences so far, explore the role in more detail and consider how to prepare for an assessment centre.
- Finally, you will attend an assessment centre based at Heathrow, which will involve a range of activities to explore your strengths and behaviours.
- We assess candidates at each stage, and invite those who are successful to the next phase of the process. Full details of each activity will be outlined in detail before each stage.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.