12 Month Industry Placement in PR
5 days left
- Full Time
Looking for a 12-month placement for 2019/20? Do you want real responsibility with the chance to influence the PR and corporate communications of household name coffee brands including Tassimo, Kenco, L'Or and Jacobs?
Global Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company (FMCG) JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) is looking for year-in-industry PR students to join their diverse, global team of over 12,000 coffee champions, on 12-month placements in corporate communications and public relations.
JDE is a €5 billion global business with around 15,000 associates based in 28 different countries, selling their brands in over 100 different countries around the world.
Formed in 2015, JDE retains a start-up feel containing some of the leading brands in the Coffee and Tea industry including – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
JDE UK is headquartered in Banbury, Oxfordshire, which is one of JDE’s global ‘Power Plants’ responsible for producing 20,000 tonnes of coffee per year across 9 production lines.
The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
JDE believes amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee and with values including Entrepreneurship, Solidarity, Accountability, Simplicity and Discipline working at JDE offers you an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the world’s largest pure play coffee company.
JDE’s goal is simple but ambitious: a coffee for every cup.
- You will be the first point of contact for all of JDE’s UK corporate communications and PR.
- Day to day you could be:
- Taking calls from national journalists and the press
- Creating content for JDE’s website news feed and newsletter
- Coordinating director meetings and creating documents & presentations for senior leadership meetings
- Creating and publishing Q&A documents, press releases and consumer care line data
- We are looking for students studying Public Relations/Corporate communications degrees
- You must have fantastic organisational skills and great attention to detail
- Highly developed written skills are desired, for example knowing the different writing styles to use for a Q&A document vs. a press release
- You must have an interest in engagement & sustainability
- Candidates with a confident and creative personality will really flourish in this role
- We are looking bright and enthusiastic students who can work well in a team and are willing to get stuck in.
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year in Industry placement from July 2019 to July 2020.
- Travel: JDE provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £30,000 in total.
- Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.