Graduate Quantity Surveyor
As a Graduate Quantity Surveyor you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging & varied environment; alongside our award winning team of Chartered Surveyors specialising in property tax.
- This will include working with our established technical team on project delivery, as well as contributing towards business development.
- If you want to actively develop your commercial acumen and transferable skills in a challenging environment, then this opportunity could well be the one for you!
- This role is ideal if you are studying towards or have graduated with a Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying or a Real Estate degree and have the drive and commitment to see tasks through to completion.
- It will enable you to develop your surveying skills in a busy office environment as you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the business.
- You will be reporting to Managing Director Alun Oliver, who, along with the team, will support you with your development of property, tax, legal & wider business knowledge.
- You will also have a buddy and mentor to support you during your time at E3 Consulting.
- Interpreting and measuring drawings and ‘take off’
- Analysing bills of quantities, contract sums and final accounts
- Supporting the team in conducting site surveys of properties across the UK
- Drafting tenders and proposal documents for new projects
- Researching and identifying sales prospects and targets
- Supporting members of the tax team with project delivery
- Data collection, entry and analysis of Capital Allowances costs including new build, redevelopment, extensions and improvements on current projects
- Attending client service meetings
- Developing and applying an understanding of Capital Allowances, Land Remediation Relief, Community Infrastructure Levy and other Property Tax reliefs
- Supporting with case law research, reviewing and maintaining legal library
- Helping maintain our Customer Relationship management (CRM) & project workflow database
- Attending and participating in company seminars
- Representing the company as an ambassador at seminars and networking events
- Ideally you should be studying towards or have completed an RICS or CIOB accredited Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying or Real Estate degree
- We will consider candidates studying or who have completed other RICS degrees or who have completed HND Construction courses
- We will also consider non-cognate honours degrees such as Economics/ Humanities/ Languages/ Law/ Maths/ Sciences etc.
- Strong mathematical acumen & literacy with Grade B or above in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- A logical thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Effective oral & written communication
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills
- Ability to follow instructions precisely
- Ability to enjoy the challenge of complex problems and be able to articulate & present a range of solutions & opinions
- Able to use own initiative, a strong desire to be challenged and have early responsibility
- Bright, engaging and able to work under pressure
- Have a curious mind, and a keen desire to learn from all people and experiences
- Flexible in approach and outlook
- A conscientious team player who naturally enjoys supporting others and possesses a collaborative working style
- A can-do attitude & proactive work ethic
How to Apply:
Please comprehensively review the E3 Consulting careers section at www.e3consulting.co.uk/careers as well as the other sections of our website and our social media.
You can then apply for this role by emailing email@example.com, stating your name & the position you are interested in, quoting reference E3GS2018. Please attach your CV (ensuring you include your telephone number) and a tailored covering letter.
Your covering letter should state: where you heard about this position; why you are applying for the role; why you would like to work at E3 Consulting and why you wish to work in Southampton.
If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete our application form, giving us further insight into your ability and motivations for applying for the role. The next stage will then be to invite you to participate in a telephone interview, prior to coming in for face-to-face interviews as part of our Insight and Evaluation day(s).
We look forward to hearing from you.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.