Summer Diversity Internship Programme
The multi-award winning Summer Diversity Internship Programme (SDIP) gives people from diverse backgrounds the opportunity to see what a career in the Civil Service is like. It puts talented undergraduates and graduates on a work placement in a government department. As a successful applicant, you’ll get an insight into the broad range of opportunities available across the Civil Service.
The SDIP is a great way to prepare for a place on one of our Fast Stream graduate programmes, which could lead to many different career paths at the heart of the UK Government. Two months on the SDIP could change your life!
You’ll also be invited to undertake Fast Pass, which is a quicker route to Fast Stream selection.The Fast Pass means if you receive a positive appraisal during the 2019 SDIP internship, and then apply for Fast Stream 2020, you’ll be fast-tracked past the initial online selection stages. You’ll also receive coaching to support you. This gives you an excellent chance to succeed on the Fast Stream.
- Conducting research.
- Providing project support.
- Assisting with the creation of policy documents.
- Shadowing senior civil servants.
- Attending meetings with senior advisors on major issues
- You’re in your final 2 years at university with a 2:2 or higher in any degree subject (expected or awarded).- this can include postgraduate studies immediately following your first degree.
- You meet the diversity requirements (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), socially or economically. disadvantaged or have a disability). Click the link down below to check if you are eligible.
- Right to work in the UK.
- An allocated Fast Stream buddy and a scheme manager to support and oversee you.
- An excellent range of central events for you to attend, such as crisis management sessions, school mentoring and parliamentary visits.
- A corporate welcome reception in early June and a closing reception in September involving high-profile speakers.
- Access to ‘Fast Pass’ which potentially allows you to be fast-tracked to the final stages of the Fast Stream selection process.
- The opportunity of a place on a coaching programme designed to increase your chances of successfully passing the Fast Stream selection process.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.