To produce accurate nett estimates in accordance with Brymor’s pre-construction procedures and principles, in order to win profitable work and help fulfil the company’s objectives.
- To support the bid team to achieve tender deadlines
- To understand rates and prices from first principles
- To measure, bill and price works
- To obtain and thoroughly review the most competitive quotes by engaging the supply chain and understanding current market trends
- To identify and report on risk and opportunity / scope
- Assess Tender documentation and requirements and report findings to team
- Develop tender strategy and continuously monitor
- Ensure all supplementary information is in place
- Full working knowledge of Estimating Software and ensure upgrades are understood and implemented
- Operate within the Brymor ‘standards’ Estimating Procedures
- Awareness of current Health & Safety requirements and changes
- Check that completed estimates adequately allow for the net cost of the works and cover identified risks.
- Build effective relationships to establish two-way dialogue with suppliers
- Influence and support suppliers to innovate and achieve optimum solutions
- Represent Brymor at tender interviews
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.