Nationwide’s Technology Development Programme
You won’t be micro-managed; you’re in charge of your career development and are encouraged to pursue your interests though work shadowing, or attending third party events and activities such as cyber war games, hackathons and IT expos. We provide you with the tools and support to give yourself the best opportunity to succeed, but minus the fuss. There is always someone willing to answer your questions. We’re on the hunt for people unafraid to ask them.
- You’ll be given a first-hand view on how technical teams work together in a large organisation
- Develop you professional and personal skills
- Gain industry leading Technical qualifications
- Learn to think creatively to problem solve
- Work with mentors to support you throughout your time on the programme.
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of working with strategic partners
- Take the Myers Briggs Personality Profile - this reviews your individual working style and gives you the best pointers to see how you can help develop strong working relationships
- Be mentored by someone who’s already completed the course, so any guidance you’re getting is bang up to date and doubly useful
- Take our 100-day review. This is your chance to reflect and look back on your first 100-days in the society, along with your peers
- Engage in group workshops including How to Influence others, Mind-set & Attitude Awareness and Understanding our Business
- Attend leadership events to explore what makes a high performing team, what type of leader you are and how you can inspire others
- Take on real-world Business Projects, collaborating with other Emerging Talent Development Programmes, including social investment, business challenges and Innovation
- Both in your day role and time on the programme, you are likely to work with one of our strategic partners. Previous intakes of the TDP have worked with, amongst others, IBM, Capgemini and Microsoft
- On the job experience - a permanent real role from day one, you grow your technical skills and knowledge within your business area -Professional qualifications - these are specific to your role and business area but some examples of the foundation courses are BCS Systems Design Techniques, CompTIA Network+ and Security+
- We'll offer you a first-hand view on how the parts of our business work together
- You’ll start on £28K (+ bonus) with access to £3000 for relocation costs
- Clear pathways to promotion, a personal career mentor
- Healthcare benefits
- A pension scheme and the chance to take up to 34 days’ holiday every year
- Providing great personal development as well as professional qualifications
- Or aim is to give you exposure to a breadth of experience early in your career to help you reach your full potential and build your technical experience.