Onboard Hotel & Hospitality Graduate Programme
Carnival UK is the UK operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard, based in the historic shipping city of Southampton in a bright and modern head office. This is the hub of all things cruising, and a hive of activity from designing ships to testing menus to ensuring exceptional service to our guests all in order to provide unforgettable holiday happiness.
We are the world’s leading cruise line with our 3 iconic Cunard liners delivering luxury on a grand scale and our 7 P&O ships leading the British market and offering true holiday experiences. With groundbreaking new ships for P&O on order for 2020 and 2022, as well as another first class liner on order for Cunard in 2022 - it's an exciting time to join us. It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top and because of that we were recently voted one of the 15th most attractive employers within the UK. That’s why exceptional, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our guests.
- Offering exceptional guest experience is at the heart of what we do,
- You will be joining an exciting yet complex operation that delivers daily across the globe in a unique and complex environment.
- We’ll design your rotations with that in mind, so expect a uniquely challenging programme intended to give you a solid grounding in managing large scale operations on an international platform.
- Onboard Hotel & Hospitality graduates are ship-based, but there may be times during your programme where you will be required to work at our Head Office in Southampton. Rotation plans may change from time to time, and are according to operational needs.
- A minimum 2.1 in a relevant degree.
- You must have unrestricted rights to work and reside in the UK. As the role involves working at sea, you will need to obtain and maintain the appropriate Maritime and Coastguard agency medical clearance.
- You will also be required to pass background and security checks, and obtain a United States C1/D seafarer visa. The company meets any reasonable costs incurred in obtaining medicals and visas.
- We’re looking to shape our future Hotel General Managers.
- We are looking for resilient, quick thinking, guest focussed people who have an eye for detail and enjoy leading others.
- The roles we offer will suit a person who enjoys the unexpected, who has real pride in our company along with a high degree of commercial acumen.
- This programme consists of four, four-month rotations over two years onboard one of our impressive ships, with your first three rotations based primarily across the following departments; Hotel Operations (Revenue, Administration & Guest Relations), Food & Beverage, Housekeeping and Entertainment.
- Throughout the programme, you’ll learn what it takes to deliver and manage our operation at all levels – and you’ll learn from everyone. You will experience the diversity of our onboard hotel operation.
- During each rotation, you’ll undertake jobs in the department, and then act as a real life supervisor managing your own section or department. You will also complete several business projects, presenting back your findings and recommendations to our ship and shore Senior Management teams.
- On completing the programme you will emerge having undertaken the main jobs onboard as well as supervising sections and departments.
- You will then be appointed to a suitable hotel officer role at middle-management level. Our hotel department is large and the opportunities varied so we’ll work closely with you to identify your strengths and interests to place you accordingly.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.