Quality Assurance Graduate Programme
We’re looking for one graduate to join our brand new graduate scheme in Quality Assurance. You’ll need the intellect to learn about the technical stuff, but your skillset will be in networking and communication, and joining up commercial acumen with impeccable customer service. The scheme will last two years and is made up of two placements in London and two in the Midlands, including global exposure.
- Think of yourself as the person who joins up all the different sub-departments of Quality Assurance by building great relationships with all of them; you’ll be able to consider the ‘big picture’ of the business, and use this insight to deliver great project management services for our customers.
- We boast an academy for you to develop your product and technical skills, and you’ll have a mentoring relationship to support you in your learning.
- The placements will cover four key areas:
- Pharma Operations in Airfreight – London Heathrow (8 months)
- Pharma Quality with Risk Management – Uxbridge (8 months)
- Pharma in Integrated Logistics – Birmingham (4 months)
- Pharma in Contract Logistics – Midlands location (4 months)
- The first phase of the scheme will involve project management, and later managing a team, particularly in the on-boarding of new customers to our services.
- You can expect to spend time working with stakeholders as well as co-ordinating customer-facing tasks, and having open and honest dialogues with everyone involved… that means customers as well as colleagues!
- All of your placements on the Quality Assurance programme will involve some travelling and have a strong customer focus.
- Expect to be spending time in the field executing audits, or collaborating on generate ideas to solve problems, taking into account the impact of your proposed solutions and being able to see the bigger picture – a key skill for any aspiring Quality Assurance project manager!
- This department is highly technical with subject-matter experts that you can learn from, but we’re looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills and a commercial outlook rather than specific technical competency.
- Whilst the Quality Assurance scheme works in Pharma and Healthcare, you don’t need to come from this or even a STEM background in terms of your degree.
- In short, the right person for this role will need the intellectual capacity to make sense of technical information, but your primary ability is in your emotional intelligence and the ability to use these inherent interpersonal skills in a commercial environment.
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
- This role really isn’t for people who want to be a subject matter expert; the training and experience you’ll receive on this stream fits with future roles in Operations, where you’ll need the intellect and industry knowledge to ‘dip in’ to the technical aspects of Pharma and Healthcare, but your skills will be mostly honed in creating processes and supporting customer operations, and particularly leading others to work effectively for the benefit of the client.
- Think of yourself as an internal consultant, with your skills from the graduate scheme and subsequent roles giving you the potential to be an important member of the senior management team in five to eight years.
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.