International Road Logistics Graduate Programme
We’re looking for two graduates who are confident communicators and networkers, and have a strong desire to do a great job for their team and their customers, to fill positions available within International Road Logistics.
- You’ll be looking for a structured working environment that gives you exposure to different parts of a complex business operation.
- The scheme lasts two years and made up of four business rotations across three locations, with your first year spent in Nottingham.
- This scheme will give you the opportunity to explore a diverse arm of the K+N business, experiencing everything from Operations through to specialism areas such as Pharma or High Tech.
- With over 5000 customers, a vast portfolio of products and 790 consignments a week across the UK and Europe, you can expect international exposure from our sites here in the UK, but you’ll need to take ownership of your work and have great communication skills to succeed here.
- The placements will cover four key areas:
- International or Domestic Operations – Nottingham (9 months)
- Sales – Nottingham (3 months)
- Specialised Networks – Birmingham (6 months)
- Central Team – Kegworth (6 months)
- Your early placements will support you to quickly understand and get involved in our overland operations work, and the types of products available to our customers and how we implement them.
- You can expect to be supporting a wider team in your first few months and to spend time shadowing a service manager in your Operations placement, before managing a small team once you’ve found your feet.
- Within your shorter sales placement, you will be supporting a Freight Account Manager and increasing your customer exposure through being the go-to person for certain accounts.
- You could be in one of three different areas for your Specialised Networks placement, where you’ll experience end-to-end supply chain services, and might even be working with some of our biggest customer brands.
- Finally, the scheme will be rounded off in the central team, where you’ll be honing your project management skills, supporting business implementations such as Service Level Agreements, and conducting reporting on key business metrics.
- We’re a developing and rapidly growing business, with new products launching onto the market, and new markets emerging before us!
- Graduates who are looking for a varied role in a business that has lots of moving parts will thrive in this environment.
- Ultimately, we’re looking for individuals with the potential, desire and ambition to become senior leaders of our business in future years, and who are seeking a scheme where they can be fully immersed in an exciting, multi-dimensional industry.
- If you’re up for a challenge and want to learn the ropes from some very successful and driven managers who will recognise you for a job well done, you’ll fit in nicely with International Road Logistics.
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
- International Road Logistics is keen to grow the senior leaders of the future with its scheme; different career routes depend entirely on you as an individual and what you’re interested in, but graduates from this scheme will typically move into a role where they are managing a small team, and there would usually be an emphasis on people management skills development as well as your analytical or technical skills within your chosen department.
- The types of roles that graduates usually move into include Service Manager for strategic accounts, Operational Key Account Manager, and Specialist Operator for Aircraft.
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: Level 5 CILT Diploma in Warehousing & Transport
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.