Integrated Logistics Graduate Programme
6 days left
- Full Time
We’re looking for problem solvers and relationship builders to fill three opportunities available within Integrated Logistics in September 2019. The contract is two years, made up of three business rotations in Birmingham and Donnington.
- Integrated Logistics is a needs-based service for customers. This means customers outsource decision making and supply chain management to us (you!) rather than giving a supply chain ‘shopping list’ to deliver on their behalf.
- Your role will be one of pure logistics and problem solving, where you devise a plan of action for the client to ensure their product or equipment travels in the best and most cost-effective way.
- Integrated Logistics crosses lots of K+N’s business areas, so it’s complex to get to grips with but means that every day is different.
- The scheme is designed so you can understand how we work ‘end to end’ with customers, giving you the knowledge to make informed decisions in the future.
- For your business rotations, you’ll get to grips with three key areas:
- Logistics Control Centre Operations –Birmingham or Donnington (8 months)
- Solutions Development and Implementation – Birmingham (8 months)
- Business Management – Birmingham or Donnington (8 months)
- Activities within your role might include designing logistics solutions, to outsourcing parts of a supply chain and achieving the best price for both the customer and K+N, or even giving strategic oversight to a supply chain, advising on how best to manage goods journeys for different clients.
- Needless to say, this role needs someone with the intellect to handle complex problems.
- Someone with a huge ability to empathise with a customer’s complexity and constraints, who wants a role where they can use their listening and questioning skills, will really thrive in this department.
- A strong moral compass is also a must; you’ll need to create and articulate solutions that acknowledge commercially sensitive information that is not to be shared outside of Integrated Logistics.
- You’ll be quick to pick up new skills but not afraid to ask questions; it is your curious nature, honed through our department’s supportive environment, that will help us to provide better services to our customers and help you to lay the foundations of your career at K+N.
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
- We want you to achieve a meaningful managerial role in the future, but we don’t expect you to be a fully-fledged logistics specialist after the programme.
- Our Integrated Logistics team has grown from 22 to 100 people in six years, so there is plenty of room for progression based on your interests.
- Typical routes include becoming a Project Manager, Solutions Development Manager or an Operational Team Leader.
- You’ll build your problem solving, relationship development and commercial skills, and future roles will most likely have a heavy emphasis on managing key accounts where professional relationships and trust building are critical.
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: Level 5 CILT Diploma in Warehousing & Transport
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.