Contract Logistics Graduate Programme
6 days left
- Full Time
There are eight opportunities to join K+N within Contract Logistics in September 2019, and we’re looking for graduates who are confident and enthusiastic, excited to learn and immerse themselves within the logistics industry. The scheme lasts two years and is made up of four rotations. The location of rotations will be different for each graduate but you can expect to be in the same place for the first 12 months. Locations typically include Manchester, Wellingborough, Milton Keynes, Coventry, Derby, Birmingham or Greenford (Wembley).
This scheme encompasses all the skills, experiences and development that you will need to become a successful Shift Manager at K+N, which is the role that many of our graduates move into following the scheme. You can expect to be working with some of our major clients in the media, retail and food industries and your placements will cover four key areas:
- Warehouse Operations – Location depends on client contract (9 months)
- Transport Operations – Location depends on client contract (3 months)
- Warehouse Management – Location depends on client contract (6 months)
- Enhanced Warehouse or Transport Management – Location depends on client contract (6 months)
- Your first year, based in one location, will consist of learning from the ground up – you’ll take on a huge range of tasks and responsibilities in your early placements so that you understand the nuts and bolts of both Warehouse and Transport Operations. This will include everything from stock and inventory responsibilities to KPIs and reporting.
- You will then undertake two placements where you’ll act as a shift manager, and there are a range of locations available for you to do this. We have a multitude of amazing client contracts that you could be working on, so there’s a huge opportunity across just two years to gain commercial exposure in a range of industries and with ‘big brands’, whilst honing your management skills in different contexts.
- The number one aptitude we’re looking for is people management skills: you’ll be working in diverse, fast paced teams, rotating around different locations, and interacting with our blue chip clients, so your ability to build relationships, network and communicate effectively is critical.
- This function values graduates who want to learn the ropes and build their competency at each level of the business, so that they can take a wealth of knowledge and experience into a leadership role in the future.
- We’ve observed that high performing graduates within Contract Logistics are keen to understand how the business works.
- You will appreciate operational understanding – getting to grips with how the business runs on a day to day basis – leads to strategic input and responsibilities that ultimately lay the foundations to become a future leader.
- If you are the type of person who values social interaction and building relationships, and appreciates that people management impacts everything from happiness at work to sales and profitability, then Contract Logistics should be a good fit for you.
- This is a fast paced job with lots of moving parts, so you’ll need to be calm under pressure and confident enough to give instruction, but also have the modesty to know when you need to follow directions from your peers.
- This is a meritocracy, so you won’t just be gifted management responsibilities; those who are pro-active, down to earth and resilient will thrive.
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- After the scheme, many of the Contract Logistics graduates go on to be Shift Managers but they don’t just sit still in these roles. We expect our graduates to continue to progress quickly up the management career path and our previous graduates are now excelling in roles such as Warehouse and Operations Manager. Think of this scheme as being the kind where you learn how the business works and develop expertise and competency within the industry, and then work your way up through the business.
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
- You must be open to working shifts. We are a 24/7 operation and each of our contracts will work a different shift pattern that our graduates follow during placement.
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: Level 5 CILT Diploma in Warehousing & Transport
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.