Airfreight Graduate Programme
6 days left
- Full Time
There are two opportunities available to join Kuehne + Nagel within Airfreight in September 2019, and these roles would be extremely well suited to customer-focussed and entrepreneurial individuals. The contract is two years, and comprises of three rotations of eight months.
- Branch Exports and Sales – Heathrow (8 months)
- Branch Imports and Finance – Manchester (8 months)
- Specialism area – Heathrow or Birmingham (8 months)
- This scheme will involve huge amounts of customer interaction, both face to face and on the phone, to deliver airfreight logistics services for clients across the world.
- Your projects could include managing one-off shipments, or even supporting well-established blue-chip clients whereby rates and services are handled on long term contracts. The placements will cover three key areas:
- Within Imports, your role will involve reaching out to one of 600 locations globally and starting to make arrangements for consignment transportation.
- This might include customer service, quoting, and organising transfers between freight service and warehouses. You’ll be well supported and supervised, and your responsibilities will increase with your capability.
- Exports will have a greater commercial focus and this is where your entrepreneurial flair will come in handy, as your role will involve making commercial decisions on behalf of our clients whilst maintaining a viable profit.
- A core difference here will be directly dealing with airlines and other providers.
- Whilst the skills required for different specialisms might vary, there are some core skills that help our Airfreight graduates be really successful.
- If you’re the type of person who is confident in front of a customer, happy to speak over the phone and face to face, then you will enjoy this environment.
- In addition to your customer focus, this is a commercial environment so graduates with an entrepreneurial side tend to enjoy working in this area of K+N.
- This is a small, vibrant team with close relationships, so if you want to be accountable to a team and can contribute accuracy in your work, excellent time management and broad communication skills, we’d love an application from you.
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
- You will undertake a specialism for your final 8 months on the scheme and develop your expertise in a certain area and add an additional level of complexity.
- We will engage with you during your placements to discuss what routes you’re considering, but your progression will be based on business demand, the area you’ve specialised in and the skills and competencies you’ve developed in your time with K+N.
- As you might expect, graduate progression routes are a rich mixture from this scheme, with graduates moving into their first technical or professional roles. Some individuals have gone onto be Key Account Managers both in the UK and also globally, others have moved into Sales and heavily commercial roles, whereas others have continued in their specialism at a more senior level.
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: Level 5 CILT Diploma in Warehousing & Transport
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.