- An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team in the position of Academic Caseworker.
- The post holder will provide confidential impartial support, advice and advocacy to students about academic regulations, complaints, appeals, extenuating circumstances and other issues relating to their academic and student experience.
- The successful candidate will ideally have some knowledge and experience in supporting students, possess excellent communication and organisational skills and understand best practice in a client focused service.
- They will have excellent interpersonal skills, a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to prioritise a changing workload.
- They will need to accurately maintain case records, demonstrate excellent attention to detail and have the ability to communicate complex information to students, officers, service managers and key University staff.
Solent Students’ Union has a vision that “Every student will have an excellent student experience at Solent University” which is underpinned by our mission to enrich the student experience through opportunities, support, influence and action.
We are a close team of professionals who believe that every student matters and have great aspirations with increasing success. Although the post holder will primarily work on their own initiative, the successful candidate will be a proactive member of the team and will clearly demonstrate a commitment to our organisational values.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.